Do you know someone who is making a difference in their school community? Nominate them for an Ophea Award! Ophea Awards recognize those who make outstanding contributions to the fields of child and youth health, physical activity, and/or health and physical education. The following awards are presented annually:
- The Award of Distinction is presented to an individual who is a leader in the successful advancement of active, healthy living opportunities for children and youth in Ontario schools and/or communities.
- The Award for Outstanding Contribution recognizes an individual, group, or organization for their exemplary contribution to the lives of children and youth in the areas of health and physical education, health and physical activity promotion, advocacy, and/or community development.
- PHE Canada’s Dr. Andy Anderson Young Professional Award is presented to one professional per province that best optimizes exemplary work on behalf of physical and health education profession. Selection of the award recipient is made by a PHE Canada representative in each province or territory.
Nomination deadline is September 9th, 2016.
Additionally, Ophea’s Legacy Funds provide assistance to individuals to support professional development in the areas of health and/or physical education.
- The Deb Courville Education Fund provides an educational subsidy of $500 to support professional development opportunities for beginning teachers with a passion for health and physical education.
- The Don Young Innovator Fund provides an educational subsidy of $500 to support professional development opportunities for an educator or public health professional who has demonstrated an innovative approach for motivating students and/or devising an innovative approach to instruction or program development related to health and physical education.
Application deadline is September 9th, 2016.